Friday, April 15, 2011

The Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt And My Reality Check

I've been wondering what to do with all those great Easter candy and toy deals.  Maybe I'll host an Easter egg hunt in my neighborhood!  I thought.  Visions of little girls in pastel Little House on the Prairie dresses and Easter bonnets skipping in my perfectly manicured back yard came to mind.  I smiled at my dream.  Then, reality kicked in and I realized that my backyard is far from being perfectly manicured, in fact, it's littered with doggy doo-doo and winter litter.  Being a single car family, with 2 full time jobs and loads of other commitments including several birthdays, a play and family members to move in to their new home, it was probably unrealistic to plan something of this magnitude.

Instead, I did decide to give the six small children on my block Easter baskets with all my deals and freebies.  I've been wanting to reach out to the families on my block for a long time, and here couponing gives me the opportunity to be a blessing again.  Thank God for creative ideas, and for a harvest of souls along with them!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Great idea! I'd love to know what the response was.

Shelly said...

How sweet of you for doing that! I bet those kids loved it!! I am your newest follower from the finding new friends blog hop. I am one of the hosts! Stopping by to say hi! Hope to see ya on all my blogs :)

http://myowngrocerygame.blogspot.com/

http://firebutterflyjewels.blogspot.com/

http://mommysmenuplanning.blogspot.com/

Style, Decor & More said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop!
Giving the Easter baskets to the neighborhood children was such a lovely thing to do. Couponing is great all around!

Hope you can hop by my blog too!

http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend!

The Proverbial Shopper said...

@ Michelle - I'll let you know how it goes.

The Proverbial Shopper said...

@ Shelly - thanks for stopping by...I checked out your blog as well. Great job!

The Proverbial Shopper said...

@ Nancy - thanks for coming by...I checked out your site..very nice! :D

Patricia said...

That was such a nice thing to do. You sound as special as you Mother she sounded like she had a very loving and tender heart.

I am following you via Sit and relax Weekend blog hop. Please follow me. (Mamaw)

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

The Proverbial Shopper said...

Patricia, Thanks for your kind words...I'm headed your way now!!

Quirky Homemaker said...

That was a wonderful way to use your couponing windfalls! Thanks for joining the "Sit & Relax" weekend hop. I'm following you now!