Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eating at Fast Food Restaurants

Let me start by saying that eating out is one of the easiest way to overspend.  Even with the drive through dollar menu, you are spending far more than you would if you had purchased food at the store and it's far less nutritious.  Many times, when I haven't been paying attention to where my dollars and cents are going I've found a huge whole in my pocket in the area of eating out.
However, it is nice to have an occasional meal out, and there are times when I find myself on the road when I didn't expect to and I must grab a bite. I'm sure you are aware that McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's have $1 menus.  What you may not know is that occasionally McDonald's and Wendy's have booklets you can purchase with a price for less than face value.  (I'll try to post this when I have found a deal like this). This means that there are times you can purchase something from the dollar menu with a coupon from a booklet that you paid less than a dollar for!  Also, Wendy's has a website where you can become a member.  Each month they have printable coupons for things like free frosties and $$ off of value meals.  The link is here.  You can check your favorite fast food to see if they have the same deals on-line.  I try to keep my fast food experiences down to once a week at most.  This means you must plan your meals around the things you have scheduled like a said last week on the blog.  Next week, I'll cover how to save on meals for date nights!!!!  Post your ideas in the comment section to share what you've learned about eating at fast food restaurants!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never order soft drinks. They are bad for your health anyway...so save the money when you must eat at a fast food restaurant by asking for water.

Barbara

Barbara said...

Order water instead of a soft drink. Since "pop" has no nutritional value anyway...if you must go to a fast food restaurant spend your money on food and not drink.