Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Doubling Your Giving

Last year my children and I sold candied pecans so that they had money for Christmas.  With one kid at college,  another working, and my youngest involved in several performances from now until Christmas, we won't be in business this year (unless my regular customers demand).  However, I was remembering how excited we all were each time we got an order.  We all have friends, or know young people who have small businesses or sell things for fundraising.  How about encouraging their efforts by making sure that you think of them first when buying Christmas presents?

I know in our circle of friends we have: bake sales for missions trips,  friends who make beautiful jewelry (here's a link to a jewelry open house in the Chicago area)and several more who design and make t-shirts.  By purchasing these wares, we are directly  blessing families we know, helping them to a better Christmas.  It truly is a gift that keeps giving...
Go to this facebook page to inspire you..Shop Small.

No comments: