Monday, November 22, 2010

TJMaxx Sells A Very Limited Number of iPads to Get More Traffic on Black Friday

It's true.  TJMaxx did have iPads at a few stores.  According to USA-Daily they did have or will have about 80 of them.  Nationwide.  So was this a traffic-ing ploy?  Absolutely!  Will it help them have more customers on Black Friday?  Probably!  I guess I wish that everything was more upfront.  It would have excited me just as much for them to say.  "On Black Friday, a few of our select stores will be carrying a very limited number of iPads."  I would have been very excited for the few who got one.  But the secrecy, and the ambiguity for the purpose of getting more people through their doors kind of offends me.

On the other hand, it has increased their traffic, both on the web and in the stores...and if I'm honest I got a lot more traffic because of it too.  So, thanks TJMaxx! :)

No comments: