Saturday, December 4, 2010

Being Thankful for What You Have - A Lesson From Nacho Libre

Dynamic fundraising meter for your Red Kettle campaign.
Personal fundraising widget for 2010 Red Kettle campaign

My friends have actually filled my kettle to 60%!  Yay!  Thank you for supporting such a wonderful charity!



Every Christmas I have a choice.  I can either get annoyed that I seem to have more ideas than cash, or I can love opportunities that I do have.  I wish I could say that I succeed at having the latter attitude.  Quite frankly, it's a struggle for me.  I have soooo many ideas of things to do for people.  >:{  Sometimes I feel a little bit like Nacho, in Nacho Libre when he prays, "Why have you given me the desire to be a wrestler and then made me such a STINKY warrior?"  I think, "Why do I have all of these ideas for gifts, but have no way to make them happen?"

"Anyways..." as Nacho would say, at this point, I have a choice.  I can delight in the fact that I have something to give or I can feel frustrated.  The truth is, no matter how much money I have, my ideas would probably exceed my abilities.  So this Christmas, don't wallow in the mire of "I wish I could...", but instead find a way to wrap what you do have with the heart of all that you wish you could do.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: