Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 4 - Christmas Books

One of my familty's Christmas traditions is that we buy a new Christmas book every year and read it along with the Biblical account of the Christmas story in Luke.  Here are some of my family's favorites.

#8 - Olive, The Other Reindeer - The art in this book is amazing!  The story is adorable, it is sure to become one of your family's favorites.











#7 - The Best Christmas Pageant Ever - If you're looking for a chapter book, this is my favorite children's Christmas chapter book.  How many of us remember how much we all wanted a good part in the Christmas pageant?  This is great for an upper grammar or junior high student.










#6 - The Polar Express -  This book is so beautiful!  The story is lovely and the pictures are dreamy.  A coffee table Christmas book for sure!











#5 - How the Grinch Stole Christmas! - I didn't appreciate Dr. Seuss until I was an adult.  I never really liked his books as a child.  Now I love them.  This is no exception.  What a great book, with a great message.










#4 - The Night Before Christmas - What a magical book.  The two things I remember most about this book is the sugar plums dancing in the heads and how I always used to laugh when my mom would pause at the part where it says "I went to the window and I threw up.....the sash."









#3 - The Glory of Christmas - I always put this book in one of my bathrooms.  Max Lucado, Charles Swindoll and Charles Colson write about Christmas very profoundly.    This would make an excellent gift.










#2 - A Christmas Carol - The original Scrooge.  We all know one.  The person who doesn't like the holidays, or any other cheerful thing.  It's so refreshing to see that person rehabilitated, and it gives us hope for the ones in our lives who are the same.










#1 - The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey - I can not read this story out loud without crying.  The pictures are beautiful, and the story is very moving.  My favorite read-aloud Christmas book ever....










Start your collection this year!  Let me know what your favorites are, (I'm running out!)

No comments: